UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Wrap Alignmnets (Read 5668 times)
May 21st, 2020 at 11:40pm

Hypersphere   Offline
YaBB Newbies

It has been years since I first made a feature request to implement wrapping of pairwise or multiple sequence alignments. Apparently, this feature has still not been added to UGENE; therefore, I would like to renew my request.

I should think that it ought not to be very difficult to program the wrapping of alignments. UGENE can already wrap sequences. Moreover, many other bioinformatics programs provide this feature. These other programs include CLC Genomics Workbench (both commercial and free versions), Geneious (commercial), and UCSF Chimera (free).

Thank you for considering seriously this feature request.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2020 at 1:14pm

Dmitrii Sukhomlinov   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Russia

Hello,
Thank you for your request. The feature you described is big enough, so, unfortunately, we are not able to support it in the nearest future. If you're interested in implementing this feature in terms of commercial support, please, make us known.

Best regards,
Dmitrii Sukhomlinov,
The UGENE team.
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2021 at 9:24pm

Hypersphere   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Some time ago, I received a very nice email from the UGENE developers saying that they were finally going to implement my request for wrapping sequence alignments. Unfortunately, I have not yet seen this feature in UGENE. I was wondering when I might expect to see this feature implemented (?).

Спасибо!

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2021 at 1:32pm

Dmitrii Sukhomlinov   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Russia

Hello,

We remember about it, this feature is under development. But, we are really overloaded now, so it requires a bit more time. Sorry

Best regards,
Dmitrii Sukhomlinov,
The UGENE team.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1