Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Opencl/Cuda does not work under Ubuntu (Read 43386 times)
Jul 19th, 2014 at 11:36am

Jeff Z   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I have a Ubuntu 12.04 (64 bit) with a Gforce210 card and Nvidia Cuda 6.0 installed. The Nvidia Cuda 6.0 samples run on this machine without any problem; however, in Ugene 1.13.3 under "settings" -> "Preferences", cuda or opencl does not showup. Please help diagnose the problem.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2014 at 11:48am

Olga Golosova   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Hello. Are there any error messages in the UGENE log?

Also, could you please check whether there are "CUDA Support" and "OpenCL Support" plugins in the list of loaded plugins (open "Settings > Plugins" in UGENE)?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 3:09pm

Olga Golosova   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Jeff, have you solved the problem?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2015 at 6:49am

Rodrigo   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi Olga.
I'm having the same problem that Jeff had.
Continuing from where he left. I can't find any CUDA plug in loaded and even with OpenGL plug in being available, its not working properly.
I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 64 bits, I have the 340.65 Nvidia Driver version and CUDA toolkit 5.5 (6.0 aren't available to 14.04 at the moment).
As a test, I've installed MrBayes separately from UGENE, compiled the beagle library, and it works with my GPU, so it seems that drivers and hardware are ok here at my PC.

Thank you for the attention.
Ps.: Tryed to post some images or links, but the forum didn't allow it. So only one is attached.

Rodrigo.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 3:28pm

Olga Golosova   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Hi, Rodrigo! Could you please send us the UGENE log (you can attach it here or send it by mail)?
Please turn on all log levels including TRACE and DETAILS before copying the log. For details, see:

https://ugene.unipro.ru/wiki/display/UUOUM15/Log+View
https://ugene.unipro.ru/wiki/display/UUOUM15/Logging

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 5:24pm

Rodrigo   Offline
YaBB Newbies

No problem Olga, here it is, and thank you very much for the attention.

Ps.: My GPU is a GTX Titan Black.

Rodrigo.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 8:22pm

Denis Kandrov   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Hi Rodrigo,

First of all, unfortunately currently there is no CUDA plugin in the Linux packages. If you like to use it, you will have to build UGENE from the source code.

We're trying to reproduce the issue with OpenCL. Sometimes the problem occurs when the drivers are incompatible. You might like to try out another driver, e.g. an older 331 driver. Or it would help a lot, if you could also test your video card/driver with a benchmark software. For example, we used LuxMark tool, but it seems that it is not available on Ubuntu by default.

By the way, which task would you like to launch on GPU?
Note that UGENE supports GPU optimization for the following tasks:
1) Smith-Waterman
2) UGENE Genome Aligner

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jan 14th, 2015 at 8:38pm

Rodrigo   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi, Denis. It was actually to use with MrBayes, but as I said before, I've compiled it and beagle library independently so, for my use, everything is ok, just wanted to update you about the issue.

Thank you very much for the attention and effort anyway.
Rodrigo.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1