Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Installation problem on CentOS 5.5 (Read 13110 times)
Aug 16th, 2011 at 1:49am

daniel   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I get these messages when installing UGENE 1.9.5 on my machine running CentOS 5.5. I think one of the problems might be the version of libstdc++ and glibc but I am not sure how to fix the problem without breaking anything.

/opt/pkg/ugene/ugene-1.9.5/ugenecl: /usr/lib64/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /opt/pkg/ugene/ugene-1.9.5/libU2Core.so.1)

/opt/pkg/ugene/ugene-1.9.5/ugenecl: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /opt/pkg/ugene/ugene-1.9.5/libU2Core.so.1)

/opt/pkg/ugene/ugene-1.9.5/ugenecl: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.9' not found (required by /opt/pkg/ugene/ugene-1.9.5/libQtGui.so.4)

/opt/pkg/ugene/ugene-1.9.5/ugenecl: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.9' not found (required by /opt/pkg/ugene/ugene-1.9.5/libQtCore.so.4)

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2011 at 9:48pm

Mikhail Fursov   Offline
YaBB Administrator

A simple way to fix the issue with incompatible GLIBC version is to build UGENE from sources.

It is quite easy:
1) Install QT4 development packages for your OS

2) Download UGENE source package: http://ugene.unipro.ru/downloads/ugene_get_latest_source.html

3) Enter unpacked dir with UGENE and type these commands:
qmake -r
make release
make install

in 15-20 minutes you will get a ready to use version.

---
UGENE team
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2011 at 1:38am

daniel   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hello,

Thanks for your message.

I installed Qt 4.5 and am now getting these errors when I build (within the ugene directory, I am using the version of qmake I recently installed, i.e., Qt 4.5).

src/util_msa_align/MSAAlignDialog.cpp: In member function ‘void U2::MSAAlignDialog::addGuiExtension()’:
src/util_msa_align/MSAAlignDialog.cpp:113: error: ‘QMargins’ was not declared in this scope
src/util_msa_align/MSAAlignDialog.cpp:113: error: expected `;' before ‘margins’
src/util_msa_align/MSAAlignDialog.cpp:114: error: ‘margins’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [_tmp/obj/release/MSAAlignDialog.o] Error 1

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2011 at 11:04am

SharisDelgadillo11   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I have installed QT4 development packages for my OS and downloaded the source package but still getting the error while building,what to do?

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2011 at 7:40pm

Mikhail Fursov   Offline
YaBB Administrator

daniel wrote on Aug 19th, 2011 at 1:38am:
Hello,

Thanks for your message.

I installed Qt 4.5 and am now getting these errors when I build (within the ugene directory, I am using the version of qmake I recently installed, i.e., Qt 4.5).

src/util_msa_align/MSAAlignDialog.cpp: In member function ‘void U2::MSAAlignDialog::addGuiExtension()’:
src/util_msa_align/MSAAlignDialog.cpp:113: error: ‘QMargins’ was not declared in this scope
src/util_msa_align/MSAAlignDialog.cpp:113: error: expected `;' before ‘margins’
src/util_msa_align/MSAAlignDialog.cpp:114: error: ‘margins’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [_tmp/obj/release/MSAAlignDialog.o] Error 1

This class, QMargins, was introduces in Qt 4.6 only.
Locally we build and test UGENE with Qt4.7

Is there any chance to update your QT version to 4.7 on your platform or install pre-build Qt4.7 to a separate folder?
I see that this question was already solved by other users: http://joseph.freivald.com/linux/2010/10/04/qt4-4-7-0-and-qt-creator-2-for-cento...

The last chance here is to build from sources: http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.3.tar.gz but it will take several hours at least and is more complex than UGENE build.

---
UGENE team
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2011 at 7:41pm

Mikhail Fursov   Offline
YaBB Administrator

SharisDelgadillo11 wrote on Aug 19th, 2011 at 11:04am:
I have installed QT4 development packages for my OS and downloaded the source package but still getting the error while building,what to do?

Please report which version of Qt do you use and what error do you have?

---
UGENE team
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1