Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Ugene does not start in ubuntu 10.04 (Read 7046 times)
May 25th, 2010 at 12:32pm

pptort   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I updated to 10.04 today and afterwards I got with Synaptic the Unipro ugene package.
It appears in the science tab under the applications pull down menu, but it does not start. Nothin happens, no pop up, nothing..
I typed ugene on the command line and get the following message:

/usr/lib/ugene/ugene: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/ugene/libcore.so.1: undefined symbol: _ZN9QHashData13detach_helperEPFvPNS_4NodeEPvEPFvS1_Ei

Any help wellcomed..
By the way, I am just a beginner with linux so please be as explicit as you can. Thanks in advance

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 25th, 2010 at 2:14pm

Mikhail Fursov   Offline
YaBB Administrator

I believe this is QT & Ubuntu issue. The reason is that UGENE distributed with Ubuntu 10.04 is built by Ubuntu team with different QT version from the QT included into the final distribution.

The solution I would propose: use binary distribution of UGENE: http://ugene.unipro.ru/download.html

AFAIR Ubuntu 10.04 contains UGENE v1.5.2 while from our web site you can get v1.7.0 today.

---
UGENE team
IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 26th, 2010 at 3:59am

matt   Offline
YaBB Newbies

i use the packages distributed by the ugene team (launchpad or binarys) on kubuntu 10.04 - both work for me 1.6.2 and 1.7

IP Logged

Reply #3 - May 27th, 2010 at 4:40pm

Konstantin Okonechnikov   Offline
Global Moderator

pepet,
pehaps you should remove previous UGENE config file. Execute the following command:
rm -rf ~/.config/Unipro/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1