Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
How to Show Alignment in Multiple Lines? (Read 7008 times)
Nov 14th, 2022 at 12:28am

Hypersphere   Offline
YaBB Newbies

UGENE v. 44.0 in Linux or Windows 10. I cannot show protein alignments in multiple lines (i.e., "wrapped" display instead of a single line display). The manual shows an icon for multiple line display of alignments in the toolbar, but this icon is not displayed in my installations of UGENE. Is there another way to enable the wrapped display of alignments? Is there a way to add buttons to the toolbar? Thank you.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2022 at 8:15am

Yuliya Algaer   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Hi,

Thank you for your question,

The Wrap Mode will be available in the nearest release that will be released soon.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2022 at 12:39am

Hypersphere   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Спасибо!

Yuliya Algaer wrote on Nov 14th, 2022 at 8:15am:
Hi,

The Wrap Mode will be available in the nearest release that will be released soon.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Nov 24th, 2022 at 4:42am

Hypersphere   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hypersphere wrote on Nov 16th, 2022 at 12:39am:
Спасибо!

Yuliya Algaer wrote on Nov 14th, 2022 at 8:15am:
Hi,

Dear UGENE Developers:

In UGENE version 45, you have finally implemented the "wrap" feature for multiple and pairwise sequence alignments.

As you might recall, I have been requesting this feature for many years. Today, after such a long wait, I was very pleased to see that the feature has been added.

This feature alone now makes UGENE much more usable and perhaps a worthy alternative to other free bioinformatics software such as UCSF ChimeraX and commercial bioinformatics software such as CLC Main
Workbench, CLC Genomics Workbench, and Geneious.

Спасибо!!!

Best wishes,

Hypersphere

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1