Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
How to Change Background Color? or UI Theme? or Dark UI Plugin? (Read 4654 times)
May 2nd, 2022 at 8:56pm

Daryl Lyn   Offline
YaBB Newbies

As shown in the attached screenshot, my window manager darkens the window decorations.  I cannot find where to change background color on the plasmid and code views.

I am quite capable of editing source and recompiling if needed.  Or create a quick and dirty plugin.

Running Linux, openSUSE Leap 15.3 (x86_64)

Thanks!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2022 at 12:05pm

Yuliya Algaer   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Could you try changing active QT theme in Preferences -> Appearance menu?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 10th, 2022 at 10:03pm

Daryl Lyn   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I have attempted changing the theme in preferences, with no result on the background.

Following the idea though, I looked at qt5ct (QT5 Configuration Tool), and it is configured as shown in the screenshot.  Also rebooted after changing config.

« Last Edit: May 11th, 2022 at 4:07am by Daryl Lyn »  

IP Logged

Reply #3 - May 11th, 2022 at 9:59am

Yuliya Algaer   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Thank you for the feedback. I will check dark theme on my system. I see what we can do with the icons to be more visible

IP Logged

Reply #4 - May 11th, 2022 at 3:27pm

Daryl Lyn   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Yuliya Algaer wrote on May 11th, 2022 at 9:59am:
I see what we can do with the icons to be more visible

No!  "more visible" is not what I need.  The white background is VERY painful to my (kinda broken) eyes.  I need a Dark UI, or something similar.  Invert colors wont work for me all that well without a bit of hacking my window manager, as the toolbars are dark while the background is white.

Thank You very much for your help.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - May 11th, 2022 at 10:28pm

Yuliya Algaer   Offline
YaBB Administrator

I see your point.

There are 2 kind of fixes for the 'dark theme support':

The first is to make all UGENE icons, buttons and other standard UI controls to look correctly (be visible) with the default system dark theme provided by an OS.  This can be considered as a high priority issue for us and will be fixed ASAP.

The second is a compete dark theme support for internal UGENE UI: every area drawn by UGENE with no use of system UI primitives at all. This task is much bigger than the first one.

I created a JIRA issue for it (https://ugene.dev/tracker/browse/UGENE-7610), but can't confirm the completion time of this feature due to limited resources in the team. The only way I see to guarantee the fix to be included into the next release is the ordering it as a part of "commercial support" - such issues are fixed first.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1