Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
suggestions for interface improvements (Read 4415 times)
Apr 28th, 2016 at 7:47pm

Nikolay.P   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hello,

I'd like to suggest a few changes to Ugene GUI that may improve user experience.

It would be great if Ugene could remember preferred layout of panes, their sizes and active/inactive features and automatically load the layout when the corresponding file type in opened. For example, with plasmids I usually disable circular view and complementary strand in details pane to have more space for annotations. However by default both circular view and complementary strand are enabled. Since the layout is highly customizible it would make sense if the default settings are adjustable as well.

When working with 'zoom view' pane of sequence (e.g. plasmid) it would be helpful if annotation lanes could be collapsed/expanded according to the annotation group(s). This feature would provide significant space saving for heavily annotated sequence. For example, at the moment each restriction enzyme appears in its own lane - this would be expanded view. Upon collapsing, all restriction enzyme arrows would merge in one lane. Similar logic can apply to primers, promotes etc ... this implies that annotations should support at least one level of grouping.

In paired-end NGS assembly view it would be helpful if upon highlighting/selecting a read its mate read would be automatically highlighted as well (or maybe something like a dashed line appearing between the two reads).

Thank you.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 4:32am

alhaj   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I agree with those comments but I also have a request.

Problem: When selecting a sequence with mouse drag I cannot easily see what sequence is selected and what is not.

Current behaviour:  selected sequence is only outlined with a black dashed line.

Ideal behaviour:  selected sequence is "highlighted" with a different color.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 2:12pm

Olga Golosova   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Hi! Thanks for the request! We'll think it over!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1