Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Edit annotation database (Read 5844 times)
Jul 9th, 2015 at 1:43pm

Caluna1201   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi,
I am wondering, if it is possible to edit teh annotation database, which is used for automatic annotation: I want to add our primer database, to check them all on the different constructs.
I already modified the primer_library.ugenedb sqlite file, but the primers are not used for autoannotation. Which file has to be edited to add custom features?

Thank you in advance!
André

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 2:13pm

German   Offline

Do you mean the "Plasmid features" auto-annotations? If yes then you need to change the file "<UGENE_installation_directory>/data/custom_annotations/plasmid_features.txt".

There are 3 columns in the file: annotation name, type, sequence.
A type can be: Feature, Promoter, Primer, Gene, Origin, Regulatory, Terminator. You need to use the "Primer" type.
Note, that the columns in the file are separated by two symbols: space and tab.

After you change the file, restart UGENE and run the "Plasmid features" auto-annotations for your sequences.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 2:39pm

German   Offline

By the way, if you reinstall UGENE this file will be rewritten, so you will lost your changes.

Currently, we don't support such modifications by users (you are the first user who knows about it), so that's why UGENE doesn't support keeping of these changes between UGENE installations.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 4:35pm

Caluna1201   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi, great: this worked out very good!!

Thank you for the quick help!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1