Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Zoom out further in circular view? (Read 4506 times)
Jan 15th, 2013 at 5:59pm

JamieH   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi,

I've only just started with UGENE, so I apologise if this is a silly question. I've just made one plasmid, and put on the ORFs, restriction and primer sites of interest.

However, I'd like to export a nice screenshot of it for a tutorial, but I can't seem to find a satisfactory view of it. In circular view, when I zoom out as far as I can go it still squashes all the labels together to fit in the size of the box, which means that adjacent features end up with their labels crossing over each other to find space for the text.

If I resize the window, it just resizes the plasmid along with it to, keeping the labels squished to the sides.

I'm sure there's an easy option for this, but I've scoured the menus and the documentation and couldn't see one. Any help would be much appreciated.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 2:22pm

Yuriy Vaskin   Offline
Global Moderator

Hello,

thank you for your question!

There are no so many options to control our circular view. But you can adjust UGENE windows to the size that you need. Make more room for the circular view.

I mean that you can hide the Project View, Log View, Restrictions sites map and extend the circulr view dragging down the border right under the scroll bar. Don't forget that you may scroll the view to roll it over.

Here is what you may end up with:

circ.jpg (154 KB | )
circ.jpg
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2013 at 12:32am

JamieH   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Thanks for your reply!

I'd tried that, but of course the plasmid increases along with the window size. I think the problem is that I have a number of features with other overlain subfeatures, all in very close proximity, so I end up with a few confusingly crossed label lines.

I can always shop the labels around I suppose - other than that everything works great!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1