UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
find pattern problem (Read 4839 times)
May 12th, 2010 at 12:53am

crAzy pInguin   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I am running version 1.6.2 under windows7. The problem is that: when I give the amino acid sequence query to 'Find pattern' and ask to perform search with 90% match and include indels, UGENE gives me bench (really long list) of matches starting from the same nucleotide but each next match in list is ending with one nucleotide shift in comparison with previous one. For example:
etc.

One more thing. If I tried to perform search of nucleotide sequence (100% similarity) which is located at the beginning of my loaded sequence started from first nucleotide, 'Find pattern' can not see it! It sees only started from second nucleotide of loaded sequence.

Thanks a lot!

P.S. I also wish I could download the manual as pdf or in epub format for my reader :]

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 13th, 2010 at 4:52pm

Mikhail Fursov   Offline
YaBB Administrator

The problem with first symbol is fixed now. Please check for the new release next week.

As for the "90% ins-del" results list please use "Remove overlaps" button. It will remove all overlapped results. Maybe it worth to make this option selectable before the search, but not after.

Please note that for ins-del search it's recommended to use smith-waterman version of the find algorithm where you can manually select the weight matrix to use.

---
UGENE team
IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 14th, 2010 at 3:47am

crAzy pInguin   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Thanks a lot! :)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1