Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Error mapping to reference (Read 742 times)
Dec 6th, 2022 at 5:38pm

Maryam   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hey hope u all doing good
when i want to map my sequence to a reference they give me this message

Error:
Subtask {'makeblastdb' task wrapper} is failed: Subtask {Run 'MakeBlastDbTask' task} is failed: Subtask {makeblastdb tool} is failed: External tool '/Volumes/Unipro UGENE 45.0/Unipro UGENE.app/Contents/MacOS/tools/blast/makeblastdb' doesn't exist

and I don't know what I missed.
thank you for ur help

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2022 at 10:33am

Dmitrii Sukhomlinov   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Russia

Hello, Maryam,

UGENE has the set of extra tool integrated (called External Tools, "makeblastdb" is one of them) an, for some reason we need to figure out, these tool are unavailable.

The first thing you can do in any weird situation is to reset settings to defaults . Open "Unipro UGENE" ("Setting" on Linux and Windows) -> "Preferences", check "Reset settings to default on the next run", re-run UGENE. If it doesn't help, let's handle it carefully. Again, go to "Preferences" and switch the tab from "General" to "External Tools". Here you can see the whole list of External Tools we have.

First of all, check that all ET available doesn't have some validation problems (if they have, you'll see red or yellow mark near the tool).

The second thing - please, check, that "/Volumes/Unipro UGENE 45.0/Unipro UGENE.app/Contents/MacOS/tools/" really exists.

If everything's OK, try to re-set External Tools - click the button "...", go to "/Volumes/Unipro UGENE 45.0/Unipro UGENE.app/Contents/MacOS/tools/"  and click Open - all external tool will be re-validated, if there are some error in the Log window appeared, you'll see it.

Also, if nothing helps, I have two more suggestions for you:
1. Make log more detailed (click right button on the log window on the bottom of the screen -> Settings -> check INFO and DETAILS columns), save it to file (on the same page check "Save output to file -> choose file), re-run "Map reads to reference" and sed the log file here.
2. We can make a call and I'll see the problem with my eyes and guide you how to resolve it.

Best regards,
Dmitrii Sukhomlinov,
The UGENE team.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1