Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Kraken taxonomy classification on Trimmomatic improved paired reads (Read 2147 times)
Apr 9th, 2021 at 2:22pm

Marta   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hello,

I wanted to use UGENE for taxonomy classification of NGS paired end reads. I modified Kraken - Clark workflow (by removing Clark part) so only improving reads with Trimmomatic and Kraken classification left. My problem is that when I use this combination I get only output for a second pair of processed files, while when I remove Trimmomatic part Kraken gives me multiple outputs for each pair proceseed. What can i do to use Trimmomatic and Kraken combination and to obtain taxonomy classification for each analysed file at the end? I would really appreciate your help. I checked forum but I did not find my problem to be discussed there.

Cheers,
Marta

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 12:10pm

Dmitrii Sukhomlinov   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Russia

Hello, Marta,

I'm sorry for the delayed answer.

It's difficult to find a problem because I have a very vague view of your actions. The best way for you to give me chance to figure the problem out is to save the resulting workflow (the "Save workflow as" button on the toolbar) and send it to me with the data you use.

Also, I can make several suggestions:
1. Trimmomatic refuses the first pair, so Kraken doesn't have it as input. What steps did you set in Trimmomatic?
2. Click on the "Kraken" element, find the "Input data" box on the right and check, that the first slot has the first output by Trimmomatic and the second slot has the second output.

Bes regards,
Dmitrii Sukhomlinov,
UGENE team.

Best regards,
Dmitrii Sukhomlinov,
The UGENE team.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1