Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Fonts in 1.10.4 vs 1.11.0 (Read 7038 times)
Aug 14th, 2012 at 3:06am

Schlecht   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi,

I am using a full 64-bit version of UGENE in Mageia Linux and it works perfect (thank you, developers). However, when I tried two latest versions (1.11 and 1.11.1) I found out that something happened with fonts (rendering?).
I attached 2 images: from 1.10.4 (bolder looking font) and 1.11 (very thin font). AA and subpixel hinting are on, no changes in the system.
Could you give me some idea what happened and if possible, how could I fix it? This font is really breaking my eyesight... Sad

Thank you.

font1.png (3 KB | )
font1.png
font2.png (1 KB | )
font2.png
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 10:30am

German   Offline

Hello.

Thank you for your bug report. Other users told us about this problem too. We are investigating it now and we will immediately release UGENE 1.11.2 after fixing of it.

We have not found yet the origins the problem but we know that there are no such problems in the ppa version of UGENE.

You can try it now. There are the instructions of how to install it:
http://ugene.unipro.ru/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1344596355/1#1

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 10:55am

Schlecht   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi,
Thank you for the explanations! I searched the forum for "font", but got only one ref, that did not describe my problem... so still, someone else has the same issue.
I am slightly confused - what is a PPA version? As far as I can see, your recommendation is to add a certain (Ubuntu?) repository and to install UGENE from there... But I am not using either Fedora or Ubuntu, so the binary version is the only option for me.
Or maybe I misunderstood anything?

Thank you.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 11:18am

German   Offline

Yes, you are right, this version is only for Ubuntu users.
So, you just need to wait for UGENE 1.11.2.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2012 at 10:20pm

Schlecht   Offline
YaBB Newbies

OK, got it.
Thank you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1