Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Not enough resources for load document (Read 13182 times)
Apr 26th, 2011 at 5:09pm

muphta   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi!

I am trying to create multiple alignment with more than 200 sequences. Within the opening of approximately 80 sequences there is a following error: Not enough resources for load document, resource name: 'Memory' available: 6Mb requested: 30Mb.
How could I solve this problem?

Thank you

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 5:49pm

Mikhail Fursov   Offline
YaBB Administrator

We tried to open and show alignments with 100k+ sequences each of them of length > 1000 without any performance of memory issues.

Looks like the problem you have is caused by the lack of memory.

Could you check  Settings->Application Settings -> Resources -> Tasks Memory limit value please?

Probably all memory available to UGENE is consumed by some other view -> in this case closing and unloading data from UGENE or a simple restart must help.

If nothing of above helps please send us the file you have. We will test it and fix UGENE if needed.

---
UGENE team
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:30pm

muphta   Offline
YaBB Newbies

the tasks memory limit is 1536Mb

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 7:41pm

muphta   Offline
YaBB Newbies

After extension of this parameter (tasks memory limit) till the maximal rate - 2000Mb I could open approximately 80% of sequences. Then I've got the same error message

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2011 at 11:29pm

Mikhail Fursov   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Ok we've got you files: 210 files.

Could you tell us the steps you perform to create the alignment?

---
UGENE team
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Apr 27th, 2011 at 3:57pm

muphta   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I've tried to make an alignment using the podcast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pZszPGKnT8. I did not know that I have to use the Workflow Designer. Now it works.
Thank you

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Apr 27th, 2011 at 6:12pm

Olga Golosova   Offline
YaBB Administrator

You don't HAVE to use the Workflow Designer to create an alignment from sequences Smiley  The method from the video can also be used.

You are right, there is an error when many documents are opened (i.e. loaded). An issue has been created. You can track it's status here:
https://ugene.unipro.ru/tracker/browse/UGENE-245

BTW, note that even in the current version 1.9.2 the error wouldn't occur (in the GUI) if all the sequence objects were stored in one (or several) fasta file(s), instead of one sequence per fasta file.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1