Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Minor annotation issues (Read 10370 times)
Nov 17th, 2010 at 6:00pm

Agu   Offline
(Argentinian)

1- Ugene's qualifier "protein_len" (for CDS, gene or ORF) is including the stop codon, so it shows one amino acid longer proteins.

2- In annotations created  with remote query (blast), the % identity is shown as 0% always (when placing the cursor over the annotation).

3- When exporting a sequence with annotations using the option complementary strand, puts the sequence in the proper (inverted) sense, but leaves the annotations in the original position.

PS: I'm trying to add screenshot, but is not easy...

Smiley

Ugene v1.8, tested in Ubuntu 10.10 and Win XP

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 12:52pm

Konstantin Okonechnikov   Offline
Global Moderator

Agu, thanks for bug report!

All issues are reproduced and will be fixed in 1.8.1 (to be released in the beginning of December).

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:14pm

Agu   Offline
(Argentinian)

Excellent.
I have another one, but it doesn't deserve a new post. Is just a weird behavior when touching the arrow of a feature: It "jumps" to the first position. Sometimes it is confusing as you don't know if that is the one you intended to display (see attachments).

gene1.png (22 KB | )
gene1.png
gene2.png (23 KB | )
gene2.png
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 6:13pm

Mikhail Fursov   Offline
YaBB Administrator

This issue was caused by lazy loading of annotations tree and sorting side-effect.

Fixed in v1.8.1

---
UGENE team
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 7:27pm

Agu   Offline
(Argentinian)

Hi!
This one is still "active" for blast results (jumping to the first position after displaying).

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Mar 1st, 2011 at 7:06pm

Maxim Syabro   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Can't reproduce the bug in UGENE 1.9.1. Could you give more detailed scenario to reproduce this issue?

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Mar 1st, 2011 at 10:12pm

Agu   Offline
(Argentinian)

I'm using version 1.9.1 in Ubuntu 10.10. I've been trying to reproduce it in version 1.9.1 and 1.9.2-dev in XP but nothing. So it seems to be a OS related issue. Probably more complicated to fix, so I would forget it...

In case you still want to see it, please find attached a file. Even more strange, you won't see it if you try to drop down the results closer to the bottom, only happens with the upper results.  Huh

jump.gb (35 KB | )
before_jump.png (152 KB | )
before_jump.png
after_jump.png (47 KB | )
after_jump.png
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Mar 15th, 2011 at 1:55pm

Mikhail Fursov   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Agu, in v1.9.3 we plan to rewrite annotations viewer from the scratch.

The main goal of refactoring is to support very large (more than fits into main memory) data sets. This will affect internals of annotation viewer a lot, especially sorting issue. I would propose wait for 6-7 weeks more before we have v1.9.3 and check the result.

---
UGENE team
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1