UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Shared Database (Read 4323 times)
Dec 23rd, 2019 at 10:09am

Drevious1   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I am having trouble setting up the shared database in version 33.

I have set up the database according to the documentation and have tested the remote connection from a terminal. I am using MySQL 5.7.28

Any suggestions or log information I can check?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2019 at 5:03pm

Olga Golosova   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Which operating system is on your computer and which is on the server computer with the MySQL database?

Regarding the log, please enable the "DETAILS" and "TRACE" levels (https://ugene.net/wiki/display/UUOUM33/Logging), and send us the log data after an attempt to connect to the database.

We'll try to reproduce the issue with the version of the MySQL server you specified and will write you back.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Dec 24th, 2019 at 9:16am

Drevious1   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Here is the log for the sql connection, it appears it is not loading the QMYSQL driver properly. I installed it but it does not seem to help. My system is running Ubuntu 18.04 with MySQL 5.7.28 and Qt5.

mouse_press DIALOG: "Shared Databases Connections" Left_button 994 735 CLASS_NAME: QPushButton TEXT: Connect
mouse_release
QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QMYSQL QMYSQL3
mouse_press DIALOG: "Connection Error" MESSAGEBOX_TEXT: Unable to connect to the database:
check connection settings Left_button 1297 688 CLASS_NAME: QPushButton TEXT: OK
mouse_release
Cannot connect to the shared database: Error opening MySQL database: Driver not loaded Driver not loaded
mouse_press DIALOG: "Shared Databases Connections" Left_button 1287 730 CLASS_NAME: QPushButton TEXT: Close
mouse_release DIALOG: "Shared Databases Connections" Left_button 1289 730 CLASS_NAME: QPushButton TEXT: Close

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2019 at 11:25am

Drevious1   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I ran some tests on a windows machine and was able to connect to the MySQL server. I then set up a virtual machine with a fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04 and installed ugene using the PPA, and everything seems to work. The issue, I believe, are the supplied libs with the tar.gz distribution of ugene. Is there any way to use the shared libraries instead of the supplied libraries when using the tar.gz version of ugene?

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2019 at 5:37pm

Olga Golosova   Offline
YaBB Administrator

I've send you the libraries files by email. Could you please check that everything works fine now?

Thank you for reporting us the issue! Note that we will include this fix into the next UGENE version 34.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Dec 26th, 2019 at 3:12am

Drevious1   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Wow, thank you! It worked perfectly.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Dec 26th, 2019 at 11:06am

Olga Golosova   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Great! Thanks for informing!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1