Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Alignment with Muscle not working (Read 9133 times)
Dec 22nd, 2018 at 11:02am

SCA90   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hello,

I am trying to align two Sanger reads I received. I have imported the chromatograms to the Ugene software and exported the sequence with .aln format.

However, when I select both sequences and click on align with Muscle I get the following error message:

[22:55:13] 'MUSCLE align 'pcDNA4.aln'' task failed: Subtask {Workflow wrapper 'MUSCLE align 'pcDNA4.aln''} is failed: Subtask {Run workflow: align} is failed: Internal error: cannot find workflow alig

I am not very familiar with all features of the software, I have mainly been using ugene to check for chromatogram quality and do in silico cloning.
n
I am using Windows 10 and have downloaded the latest version as a standard package.

I would be grateful if you could help me with this issue,
Thanks,
Can

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 3:04pm

Olga Golosova   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Hello, Can.

MUSCLE is used for multiple sequence alignment that is global. It may be better to use some feature in UGENE that does local alignment. For example:
  • Export only one sequence as an alignment.
  • Select the second sequence object in the Project View.
  • Click "Align sequence to this alignment" in the Alignment Editor.

Another option, for example, is to map both sequences to a reference, if you have it.

Also, you should use either the recommended online installer package or the full package as they contain external tools out of the box.

If you send us the sequences, I may check the issue and give you more exact guidelines.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1