Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Problem with restriction digest (Read 3302 times)
Aug 24th, 2018 at 6:53pm

Nikolas   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hello,

for cloning purposes, I would like to simulate a restriction digestion of a plasmid. While this has worked as expected with many plasmid files that I got from a publication, it doesn't seem to work with the plasmids I constructed with UGENE. When I right-click and then go to Cloning -> Digest into Fragments, select the appropriate enzyme (Esp3I) and press OK, it doesn't perform the digest. In the log, there is this error message:

[ERROR][13:43] Trying to recover from error: Unexpected query result code: 19 (constraint failed) at src/datatype/AnnotationGroup.cpp:127

I left the "Conserved Annotations" field empty. I renamed some annotations from the previous cloning step but even removing them doesn't help.

I would be really grateful if somebody could tell me what I am doing wrong. One example file containing the plasmid is attached to this post. My UGENE version is 1.31.0.

Thanks a lot,
Nikolas

STEP1_pFUS2_a2a_5.gb (6 KB | 282 )
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 7:04pm

Olga Golosova   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Hello Nikolas!

Thanks for the detailed description of the issue!

I'm able to reproduce the problem. And we will definitely fix it in version 1.32. We need to investigate the problem more to find out its reason and, may be, propose a workaround.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2018 at 11:53am

Olga Golosova   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Hello Nikolas!

We've fixed the issue. Could you please verify that everything works fine now? We may send you a snapshot UGENE version if you tell us your operating system.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1