Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
DNA-Star file conversion (Read 29486 times)
Jul 3rd, 2015 at 5:58pm

gregor   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I worked in an institute with an institute wide license for DNA-Star. After moving to a new place I am stuck with part of my data. Now I found UGene to be a quite nice alternative and it can open some of the DNA-Star Seqbuilder files. My problem: I can not open files created with a newer version of DNA-Star (version 10.0.0.151).
Is there a solution or do I have to go back, open all of the files and save them in genebank format?

I would be grateful for any help.

G.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2015 at 6:04pm

Olga Golosova   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Hello, Gregor! You're welcome to UGENE!

Currently, we do not support the DNAStar format. So, the fastest solution may be indeed to convert the data into GenBank to open them in UGENE.

However, it will be good to support this format in UGENE some day, so I would like to create an issue about that in our tracker.

Could you please attach some of the files you can not open? I will attach them to the issue.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 9:00pm

gregor   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Here are 2 files of this format. If you need mor I have plenty.

Thanks for your help.

Gregor

At-bHLH37.sbd (17 KB | 855 )
B-rapa-ROX.sbd (180 KB | 838 )
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2015 at 7:22pm

Olga Golosova   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Thanks, Gregor. I've created this issue in our tracker.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 7th, 2016 at 10:20am

malcolm cook   Offline
YaBB Newbies

a workaround for now is to convert your dnastar lasergene files to genbank format using bioperl's SeqIO framework   for which a lasergene importer exists.   

I wrote it for similar purposes some time ago.  I have not tested it recently, but, I assume it still works.

Installing BioPerl is rumored to be easier than it used to be.  May be too heavy weight for you.  Let me know how it goes.

Cheers

PS - I've been blocked from providing links due to some annoying anti-spam "feature" of this bbs.  Google it.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Mar 9th, 2016 at 9:47pm

john21wall21   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Thanks for the help are for me a very important thing

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1