Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Locus Annotation (Read 35895 times)
Aug 1st, 2014 at 11:13pm

Shamoon   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Dear UGENE-Community,

I am new to Ugene and I would like to use it for illustrations in my bachelor thesis. I am very pleased with Ugene, but I do not know how to annotate the location of restriction enzymes in the circular view. It would be very comfortable because I print the plasmid map and see directly at which location which enzyme exactly cuts.
Another aspect is whether the annotations in the circular view are freely movable because I would like to move the enzyme annotations outside of the circle and every other annotation into the inside of the circle..

Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2014 at 3:44pm

Olga Golosova   Offline
YaBB Administrator

Dear Shamoon, thank you for your feedback!

Quote:
I am very pleased with Ugene, but I do not know how to annotate the location of restriction enzymes in the circular view.

You can search for restriction sites, see documentation. The found sites will be automatically shown on the Circular View and in other views (all views are synchronized).

Quote:
Another aspect is whether the annotations in the circular view are freely movable

Unfortunately, currently they're not movable. We're going to make them movable in future, see UGENE-383.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1