Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
wrap sequences in viewer (Read 7295 times)
Mar 28th, 2014 at 7:31am

Tom C   Offline
YaBB Newbies

It would be useful to have the ability to "wrap" DNA sequences in the UGENE sequence viewer. For example, right now if I have a fasta file containing a 10 kb DNA sequence and I open it in UGENE I see one row that shows me about 200 bp at a time. I can scroll left or right to view the entire kb sequence, but I'll still only be looking at 200 bp at any given time (maybe I just need to click an option box or something?).

As biological features of interest such as genes are on the scale of kilo bases, this limitation to viewing ~200 bp is a major limitation. Instead of a hard limit of 1 row per sequence, what would be better is the ability to fill the window with as many rows as will fit, and have the string that represents the DNA "wrapped" so that each row continues where the row above left off.

How high a priority would this be on your list? How hard would it be to change?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2014 at 6:09pm

Yuriy Vaskin   Offline
Global Moderator

Dear UGENE user,

Thank you for the post. Right now the feature of multi-line sequence view (https://ugene.unipro.ru/tracker/browse/UGENE-2847) is of a high priority. We plan to implement it in one of the major UGENE release (1.15, 1.16 or higher). Since this is a big change it requires for us a reasonable time to implement and test it. If you would like to track the progress of this task, please, have a look at the link from time to time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1