UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Search dialogue (Read 6217 times)
Jan 6th, 2014 at 7:20pm

pon   Offline
YaBB Newbies

First of all, thank you for your great work. UGENE is overall a very useful tool which I have already recommended to my colleagues.

I think I found a bug concerning the search dialogue using the InsDel algorithm.
Open any DNA file and open the search dialogue and use InsDel. When you search for a pattern with 6 letters like "ATTAAA" and click on the reduce button for the neccessary match the value jumps to 32% instead of 96%. When you search for 7 letters like  "ATTAAAG" after clicking the button the percentage lowers to 30% and can't be changed anymore at all with the buttons.

I'm using Windows 7 and the 64 bit version of UGene 1.13.0

Thanks for your support!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2014 at 10:53pm

Yuriy Vaskin   Offline
Global Moderator

Hello!

Thank you for the report. We will fix it in the next version (https://ugene.unipro.ru/tracker/browse/UGENE-2627)

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 2:33pm

pon   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi,

I think there is a new major bug in UGENE 1.13.1 concerning the search function.

Create a new document from text:
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Now search for
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

using the Indel or Substitute option with match percentage of 30%. No result is obtained in this version, at least on my PC, whereas version 1.13.0 finds the results as expected.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 11:28pm

Yuriy Vaskin   Offline
Global Moderator

Dear UGENE user,

Thank you for your contribution to our project. We will fix this bug as soon as it possible (https://ugene.unipro.ru/tracker/browse/UGENE-2770)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1