UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Windows 8 and UGene (Read 12757 times)
Oct 9th, 2013 at 4:02am

JohnR   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Is UGene 1.12.2 compatible with Windows 8? I had a couple of crashes today and wanted to see if I should expect it to work.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 12:43pm

Yuriy Vaskin   Offline
Global Moderator

Hi!

If you mean the crashes on the UGENE launch then they are fixed in the UGENE 1.12.3 which is coming out within a few days.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2013 at 8:53pm

JohnR   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Thanks! I wish I got responses this fast for the computer programs I pay for. You guys provide great support!

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2013 at 3:40pm

Yuriy Vaskin   Offline
Global Moderator

By the way. UGENE 1.12.3 is available here: http://ugene.unipro.ru/download.html Please, try it out.

You can help us make UGENE even better than commercial software. We always open to new ideas. Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Oct 15th, 2013 at 11:43pm

JohnR   Offline
YaBB Newbies

I installed UGene 1.12.3 and still got crashes on startup when trying to use the program in  Windows 8.

Crash reporter info:
Exception with code c0000005 – Access violation ::69315ec5
Operation system: Windows unknown x86
CPU INfor:
Vendor: Genniune Intel
Logical cpus: 16
cpu corese: 16
hyper-threadsL false
Memory Info: 3913Mb
UGene version: 1.12.3

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 2:25am

JohnR   Offline
YaBB Newbies

UGene consistently crashes when I open the program and use the "File-New Project" option while running under Windows 8. However, I just tried opening some files, doing some manipulations, and then using "File-Save Project As" to create a new project. I haven't done a lot of manipulations yet, but that seems to work around the crash on starting issue.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 4:51pm

Yuriy Vaskin   Offline
Global Moderator

Thank you for the additional information. At the first place we thought that this crash at the start is for all operating systems. But it seems that there is a Windows 8 specific issue. We are shifting one of our developers to that operating system and hope that he fix all the bugs in the further versions. If you have something else to add, please, feel free to write here.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1