Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
sequence zoom view annotation order (Read 5619 times)
Jan 16th, 2013 at 5:00pm

randolf   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hello,
Wenn I have a sequence with different annotation types, like primer_binding, mRNA, promoter, CDS, Fragment they have all their own row in the sequence zoom view and they are in alphabetical order. First capital letter A-Z, then lower case letter a-z. Thats why they are in the order CDS, Fragments, mRNA, primer_binding, promoter. Thats all fine. However, when I show now restriction enzyme cut sites for like 50 enzymes, the sequence zoom view becomes confusing, because the restriction enzymes are also included in the alphabetical order. At the top of the window I have CDS annotation, then some enzyme rows, then the Fragment row, then many enzyme annotation rows and finally the lowercase features.
So now I have to scroll up and down a lot, because I can't see the lowercase annotations and CDS at the same time. I find that very stressing and confusing.
What I tried is, I renamed annotations CDS to cds. The problem is now, that they don't confere to the genebank file format any more and are therefore saved as misc_features with ugene_name etc. in the genebank file. So this workaround is not good (because of compatibility with other programs).
My suggestion is to change the order in the sequence zoom view, so that at the top are the Autoannotations (first restriction enzymes then orfs) and below the normal annotations. In both two categories the annoation types would still be in alphabetical order, so there is a logic behind this.

Greetings,
Thomas

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 6:05pm

Yuriy Vaskin   Offline
Global Moderator

Thomas, thanks for the suggestions (https://ugene.unipro.ru/tracker/browse/UGENE-1389). It's easy to implement. We'll release that in the coming version of UGENE.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1