Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
UGENE Bulletin Board
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
problems with CAP3 assembler... not working! (Read 18730 times)
Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:31pm

elmy   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi everyone,
i'm a new user of UGENE and i'm trying to use the CAP3 tool for contig assembly...

I've tryed many imput, fasta and multifasta, of different lenght but in any case the program give me this error after a few seconds:

'CAP3SupportTask' task failed: Subtask {CAP3 run task} is failed: CAP3 tool exited with code 1

and rarely this one:

'CAP3SupportTask' task failed: Subtask {Read document: '11t_c72.cap.ace'} is failed: Bad sequence data
Sent at 11:29 AM on

Thank you for any help you'll be able to provide me Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:48pm

Yuriy Vaskin   Offline
Global Moderator

Hello,

thank you for the feedback.

CAP3 works on our test set. In your case it's something wrong with reading a temporary file of CAP3 output.

If it's possible to send us a file that causes the error it would be the fastest way to deal with that error.

Thanks in advance

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:58pm

elmy   Offline
YaBB Newbies

we installed UGENE on two computer, one with windows XP and the other with windows 7 and on both systems we encountered the same problems...

We tryed with MIRA unpadded fasta output (that we usualy assemble with SeqMan software), to create test multifastas with small sequence overlapping, to create single fasta files etc... but nothing worked...

Unfortunately we aren't allowed to share our data but if you can give us a test multifasta we can try and give you feedback Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2012 at 3:41pm

Konstantin Okonechnikov   Offline
Global Moderator

Hi! Can you plz test attached files? It's a sample from MIRA package. It should work fine.

Also some questions:

- Do you have your data as multiple FASTA files or a single multifasta?
- Is it FASTA or FASTQ?
- How big is your data? (number of reads, typical read size)

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2013 at 8:45pm

randolf   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Hi, I have the same problem.
The problem occurs in version 1.11.5 and also the latest 1.12 from the 16.6.2013.
@Konstantin: The file you attached worked for me, but my own sequencing results gave an error:

[ERROR][15:41] Task {CAP3SupportTask} finished with error: Subtask {Read document: 'test_new.cap.ace'} is failed: Bad sequence data

My sequencing results are attached, so you can test them. With another program SeqMan the reads were assembled nicely into a contig. So the file should be all right.

Hope this can be fixed!
Thomas
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2013 at 2:37pm by randolf »  

test_new.fa (2 KB | )
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1